Sticky and oh-so-gooey, this simple sticky toffee pudding recipe is perfect for everyday baking. Follow in five easy steps, with the option to make your own toffee sauce.
You’ll need: (serves 7)
70g unsalted butter
225g dark brown sugar
225g chopped dates
1 ½ tsp bi carb
225g gluten free self raising flour
¾ pint water
1. Let’s get started. Stone and chop 225g dates, then together with 1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda boil until dates are softened and well soaked.
2. While the dates are soaking,grab a mixing bowl and cream 70g butter and 225g sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Then, add the eggs a little at a time, beating well between additions. Next gently fold in 225g of flour to the mix.
4. Time to add the softened dates into the mixture. Finally, line the tray and spoon pudding mixture in evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 180c (fan) or until risen and firm.
5. Pour over your warm toffee sauce and top with your favourite ice cream.
For the toffee sauce, gently heat 530ml cream in a saucepan, then add 225g sugar and 170g butter, whisk until melted. Add in the syrup and treacle then whisk.
Recipe by The Drift Inn Kitchen Team – “A Sunday favourite, why not make a day ahead so you can put your feet up after your Sunday roast and enjoy!”