A gooey and delicious treat, these brownies are so easy to make – the perfect recipe for baking beginners. Our kitchen team says, “These fudgy chocolate squares are delicious served with strawberries and raspberries, fresh mint leaves and a sprinkling of icing sugar”.
You’ll need (serves 10):
450g unsalted butter
450g dark chocolate
100g cacao powder
650g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
320g pasteurised egg yolk & whites
1g baking powder
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 20cm square tray with baking parchment.
2. Melt butter and chocolate (in a bain-marie).
3. Using the paddle attachment of a mixer, beats eggs and sugar until fluffy.
4. Sift cacao powder, flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl, mixing together.
5. Add the melted chocolate, butter and dry ingredients to the eggs and mix slowly at low speed.
6. Poor the chocolate mix into the parchment paper lined baking tray.
7. Cook in the oven for 20-30 min, cool down before slicing into squares.
Recipe by The Drift Inn Kitchen Team – “We hope you enjoy these gooey brownies at home with family, take care!”